[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 TC no fuel...

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 05:28:16 BST 2006

>> it possible that the reserve tap
itself has an air leak? I  will bypass it as my next
step, I suppose.<<

Yes they can and do leak; usually this manifests as small puddles of petrol
under the car. Air leaks probably wouldn't be big enough to inhibit flow
without other symptoms (like petrol getting out when the air's not coming
in)

If you're getting no fuel and there's no noticeable fluid leak it sounds as
if the lines are blocked, or that the reserve tap itself has got gummed up
or out of alignment.

Given the age of the car I would be inclined to replace all the fuel lines
as a matter of course -they can get brittle over time. It would make sense
to pull the tank and clean it as well

Aidrian