[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch master cylinder

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Mon Sep 18 20:43:23 BST 2006

Steven,

I recently rebuilt the brakes on my 74 MGB and had difficulty in bleeding
the front brakes using a Mity-Vac unit. After I bled them the old way, I
remembered an old trick that can really help. Remove the bleed screw and put
a little grease on the threads and then re-install. This give a better seal
around the threads, reducing the amount of air entering at this point.

I too have had difficulty when bleeding a clutch system and solved it by
hooking a pressure can to the slave cylinder and feeding the fluid in that
way. Removes the air by pumping from the bottom up.

Slats