[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch Master

roland veetwinrider at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 04:07:14 BST 2006

I pulled off the slave and the master cylinder for the
clutch today. The slave was the easy one. Not much
room to remove the line on the master and it twisted
ever so slightly. The bolts were tough to get to too.
Looks like the slave needs sleeving, but even though
the master looks decent, I'll still be sending it out.
I'll be sending them to Sierra shortly, but I have a
problem of disassembing the piston on the master unit.
It's several pieces that are locked together. The
service manual isn't much help here either. Anyone
have any ideas? I can't get the seal off and it's a
stepped piston with a rod and a seal on the end. If it
helps, I can take a picture of it. thanks all.

      roland
DL650
  Rover P5