[ROVERNET - UK] Calling Rovernet Brain trust!!!

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Fri Sep 29 20:56:26 BST 2006

Hi Folks
            here is the next installment of the P5 saga!! I have tried some
of the ideas suggested, the distributor was fine everything working as it
should. The economiser system was cleaned from end to end, changed the coil,
but still the same problem existed. I took a second look at the carb piston,
and wondered if the needle was too long, in other words, not set far enough
into the bottom of the piston. Its often something we assume is correct but
possibly the needle could move. That appeared to be the case, so I reset it
a little shorter and bingo the engine ran much better, could rev up and it
was quite smooth, just as I thought I'd fixed the problem the engine died
and the carb flooded. Nevertheless, I think I'm finally on the right track,
the flooding I think was caused by the lower brass washer on the economiser,
It does fit the shaft snug because air passes thru this part. Its possible
the washer was misaligned and leaking air. The pump was ticking continously
and that must indicate an air or gas leak. Anyway I was too tired to do any
more today. I'm taking the weekend off and will continue the saga on Monday.
                                  Thanks for all the help
                                                                Ben.

FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS
born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon.com. Book # ISBN1-55430-019-3