[ROVERNET - UK] Lucas RB340 control box.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:24:29 BST 2007

I had to replace the control box on my Rover 2000TC recently. I found that
RB 340 control boxes are available at the local farm supply store. They are
for Ford series 3000 tractors. They regulate to a lower current, 22A instead
of 30, but I do not think that this will be a problem unless you do a lot of
night diving with the wipers on. I checked with the local auto electrician,
who told me that the original box is dead, and he said that the new one
should work fine. He even tested it for me. The cost was $22US.  A pretty
good deal in comparison to some of the prices I have seen. Just make sure
that you bend down the resistances on the back of it though, the can short
out against the backing plate.

Well all I need for my 67 2000TC is insurance and registration.

James.