[ROVERNET - UK] Classic car insurance

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Tue Aug 14 04:06:39 BST 2007

James,

I used J C Taylor for years, until one day I wanted to insure a 1957
Morgan 4/4 that had had it's 1200cc engine replaced with a 1500cc engine
back in the 1960's.  The Plus 4 model sold in the same year had a 2
litre engine mounted on the identical chassis.   I made the mistake of
honestly reporting the engine transplant, and suddenly my car was
uninsurable -- unless I waited a few months for their modified policy to
become available at twice the premium!  They were so inflexible and so
completely uninterested in my nearly 20 years of holding a policy with
them with no claims, that I would never consider doing business with
them again.

I have had very good service from Grundy Worldwide since then.

--Steve