[ROVERNET - UK] Re: [ROVERNET - UKOil Pressure Ptoblem

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Tue Aug 14 17:28:24 BST 2007

Hi Folks
             Calling on the Rovernet Brian Trust once again!! just received
a call from a local garage, they have a 1967 TC auto with an oil pressure
problem, it seems to idle at 15 lbs but as it revs up the pressure rises
then drops right off causing tappet rattle etc. I suggested they first check
the two oil feed lines to the pump, possibly one is leaking and leaks more
rapidly when the engine is rev'd. I suppose it could also be the pressure
release valve or the pump. I'd welcome any advice/ideas for when the garage
calls back!!
                                           Regards  Ben.
FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS.CD
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon
Visit my web page  http://home.netscape.ca/~rodgl/