[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Clubs North East USA.

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 17:43:24 BST 2007

You're right Steve.  Face to face contact is best so a
person can pick up body language and modify a verbal
exchange.  A telephone call is not as good but it's
better than email.  Go for it!

We just completed a great visit with Dirk and his son
as they came to pick up his new (for him) 3.5 Litre P5
Coupe.  He's on his way home now.

I readily agreed to help him with his adventure after
reading of his contributions to the Rover brotherhood
in the Northeast of the U.S.A.  Somebody with that
kind of passion for Rovers needs to be supported, I
thought.

The fellowship of face to face contact can't be beat.
We all had a wonderful time.

Eric

--- S Manwell <s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> Hi Glen,
>
> I don't think any options for reorganizing RSTCA
> have been rejected, but
> I do think that most of us are at a loss as to how
> to successfully
> reorganize the club after the events of last year.
>
> I'll be in touch off line -- Rovernet is probably
> not the best forum for
> debating the past, present and future of RSTCA.
>
> --Steve
>

> > The RSTCA has always been a very loosely organized
> operation because
> > only a handful of individuals actually wanted to
> take part on the
> > grinding drudgery of organizing and running a
> club. Getting together
> > at Rover meets and car shows is fun. All the stuff
> that goes on behind
> > the scenes is pretty dull and tedious, sometimes
> even frustrating and
> > contentious. Some months back, the handful of
> principals in the RSTCA
> > reached an impasse on one issue, just about worked
> that out and then
> > disagreed on a second issue. At that point, I
> registered the RSTCA.com
> > domain and moved the website to that location.
> That seemed high-handed
> > to some, and perhaps it was, but it seemed to me
> that the entire
> > organization was going down. Several people asked
> to have their
> > contact information removed from the website and
> to be disassociated
> > from the club. I later offered to reorganize the
> club with a voting
> > board of directors and transfer the domain to one
> of the other
> > principals, but that offer has been rejected, as
> well.

> > Back-up list and photos at:

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca