[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Oil pressure

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Wed Aug 15 13:52:01 BST 2007

Hi Alan
           Appreciate your advice and I agree the first thing to check would
be the pressure release valve. But I'm dealing by phone with a garage that
first called the car a Volvo?? then asked if the sump had to come off to get
at the oil pump. I have tried explaining how simple it is to check the pump
etc. They asked if I had an oil sender unit switch, and I told them that
would hardly cause the problem they described. I think it can only be one of
few things, the release valve -pump - oil feeder line leak - oil pick up
clogged or the engine is just simply worn out? I expect I will hear later
today and I have visions of being asked if I want to buy the car!!!
       Regards  Ben.

FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS.CD
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon
Visit my web page  http://home.netscape.ca/~rodgl/