[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Rover/ Pinto

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 07:29:36 GMT 2007

You are correct in that the 1600 engine was used in Formula Ford racing, but
it was with a Lotus DOHC Head. Very nice to drive. There was an actual Pinto
race class a few years ago on the East Coast. Very inexpensive racing.

Regarding valve stem seals. When I had my 71 2000 engine reworked, it was
recommended that I have the head machined to take Datsun stem seals at that
time. I had this done when having the valves replaced and hardened seats
installed.

Slats