[ROVERNET - UK] Charging Problem

Steve Lawrence jaoa27 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 01:45:07 GMT 2007

Hi Dave,
The idiot light is on -- constantly.  I have a voltage meter installed in
the car and it shows no charge.  Just battery voltage.
Do you think the 6RA relay could be the cause, or the warning light control
3AW?
I will check again for corrosion, but all looks quite clean.  I cleaned all
connections (that I know of).
Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve
Check that your charge idiot bulb is not burned out.
It should come on with all the other indicators at ignition "on".
The small current it passes to the alt's field via the regulator is
crucial in the alt's voltage buildup process.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz