[ROVERNET - UK] Help!!!! Rover V8 Motor Question

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Mon Jan 1 21:40:02 GMT 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 14:08:17 -0600
  "Kent Kinard" <kkinard at wcc.net> wrote:
> Hi Geff,
> I will have to dig up some numbers on the plugs.  The
>plug reach differs on the pre-'76 and post-'75 heads and
>using plugs with the wrong reach can produce hot spots or
>fouling in the combustion process.  Exact heat range may
>depend on other tuning details, but I can give you a
>place to start.

Rover lists three different standard plugs for the SD1
depending on carburetion.  NGK website lists four plugs
for the 1980 NAS SD1 with different prices for each
number-BP6ES being the standard plug.  Champion lists
RL87YC as the standard plug for NAS SD1's.  Early Rover
plugs are 1/2 inch (12.5mm) reach and late heads are 3/4
(19mm) reach.  Hope that helps.

Roverovereachingly,
Kent K.