[ROVERNET - UK] OT Volvo 740 Turbo

Damien koffee at iprimus.com.au
Sat Jan 13 11:35:15 GMT 2007

I know this is way off topic but hey you guys out there know everything

I have a problem with my 740 Turbo 1988 with 230 motor. It was backfiring
and finally died. It was suggested that the time belt had jumped a few cogs.
So I started to fix and change a few things. I have put new plugs in, new
spark plug leads, new timing belt, new harmonic balancer (as old one
stuffed). It is getting fuel to the injector rail. I have cleaned the
injectors.

Any suggestions?

What else can I try, does this model have a crankshaft sensor or some such
if so where is it? LHS or RHS side of the motor?

I checked the compression it is 150psi in all cylinders?

Please any help would be good

Damien