[ROVERNET - UK] Brake flares and fittings

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 02:43:46 BST 2007

Greetings, Rovernetters

I'm finally getting back into repairing my '69 P6
2000TC (with dual circuit brakes) and need undertake
one of my least favorite automotive restoration tasks-
replacing corroded brake lines.
    What kind of brake flares does this car use?
(Double? Bubble?) There's a mix of male threaded
fittings and female threaded fittings on this car, so
I imagine I'll need to be able to do two styles of
flares.
    Does anyone have a particular brand/model of brake
flaring tool they recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan