[ROVERNET - UK] speaking of...

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 21:24:06 BST 2007

I refer you to an earlier post by Mike Maher pointing
out that a person can get production details on one's
Rover from British Motor Heritage in the UK.  Cross
their palms with money and they'll look up your car
serial number and send you all they have.

Here's a link:
<http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/archive/certificate_index.html>

(The bit between < and >)

Oh,....... and if chassis and motor don't match, I
wouldn't worry.  Somebody has replaced the engine from
original.  Many people who restore cars look around
for the best parts to produce a good looking and
working one.

Eric Russell
List Manager

--- Laine Colley <twinklsun at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I forgot. What does it mean when none of the numbers
> match? The
> chassis and the block have different numbers. They
> are both from
> 1960, but the motor # matches the ones meant for
> local (Brit)
> sale RHD. I found somewhere that this happened
> sometimes, but
> there is a third # under the hood on the firewall
> that we have
> found no reference to.

> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.
> Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca