[ROVERNET - UK] P6B front oil seal

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Sat Mar 17 14:50:04 GMT 2007

Paul Smith wrote:

>I have the cover off now, it needed firm persuasion.
>Is the seal special at all?  Or can I get one from Bearing Services?
>Where can I get a timing cover gasket? (in Australia, I know Pierre will
>have them if I can't get it here)

Scott's in Melbourne should have both the gasket and oil seal.  They may
even be available from your local motor factor.  Gasket is common to all
Rover V8 saloons (not Land Rover, Range Rover) through '86 and Buick
small block V8 and V6 rear wheel drive '61-'87. (215, 225, 231, 300,
340, 350, 3.8L and 4.1L with front mounted dizzy)

Roverly,
Kent K.