[ROVERNET - UK] Hubcaps and rivets

Lance La Certe lacpsyd at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 13:26:34 BST 2007

I would appreciate any feedback on two issues.

1) Can someone tell me if the original black paint on those 'beautiful'
Federal 3500S hubcaps is gloss black, semi-gloss, satin, or flat?

2) I'm having a hell of a time with the rivets holding the metal strips to
which the rubber weather stripping is affixed on the door and body panels.
I need to know the correct size drill bit to drill them out and the corect
size replacement rivets.   Any tips on this job (I have new rubber from
Scott's) would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lance La Certe, '70  3500S
lacpsyd at earthlink.net