[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Need to know about Land Rovers for pulling?

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 17:46:53 BST 2007

Hi Dave,

It had supposedly been rebuilt at some point, but that Rangie was a
generally very scruffy old thing and it's very possible that it was down
on power.  When it became clear that I wasn't going to be able to tow much
with it, I just unloaded it rather than add it to the list of projects.

To my knowledge the diesel RR's and LR's have never been available in the
US.  Since the 80's all US models have been petrol V8's.  I wouldn't be
surprised if that changes soon, though.  More Americans seem to be aware
of the advances in diesel design that have been happening, especially in
Europe, and coupled with the growing interest in biodiesel I think we will
soon be seeing other companies besides VW and Mercedes offering diesel
vehicles in the US.  In fact the guy who bought my Mercedes wagon is now
running it on biodiesel, which happens to be available at a station just a
kilometer or so from my house.

Geoff

Message: 5