[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Electrical Question

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Mon May 14 02:06:57 BST 2007

Oops!
If you have a generator .. ignore my last alternator post!

<putting generator hat on>
Have you had the generator in pieces lately?
It sounds like it has lost it's residual magnetism which is critical to
the voltage build up process.

To restore this you must "flash" the field by removing all generator
connections and then *briefly* bridging the battery to the field
terminal of the generator.
Hopefully, on reconnecting the wires, everything should be ok.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz