[ROVERNET - UK] Mixture problems-resolved, sort of...

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Oct 22 09:28:04 BST 2007

Ah yes, the joys of dynamo's ;-)

At 11.8v, I doubt if the battery would be capable of cranking the engine.

Driven by a snap action Hall effect pickup, it is very rare, almost
unheard of, that the transistor will be partially closed.

The heat developed within the small un-heatsinked? switching transistor
with any substantial volt drop would soon destroy it. 1v x 5A peak
current = 5W peak

Not sure if the PerTronics mounting tab is also the transistor heatsink.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz