[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Interior Door Panels

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 9 21:47:13 BST 2007

Hi Dennis
A method I have used to re-stiffen backing panels is to spray them with 
a 50/50 solution of water/PVA wood adhesive. (Aquadhere brand locally)
The adhesive readily soaks into the material and dries hard and clear.
Note:- This adhesive is not waterproof, just water based.

South Oz

Brooks wrote:
> Most upholstery shops can get the fabric for you...working with old 
> fabric is sometimes impossible for several reasons and the end results 
> (IMO) are not often satisfactory.
>  I find that quite often it is best to replace the cardboard backing 
> panels as well because theu get out of shape. Using spray adhesive is 
> the method that I would choose ...however it is not normally sprayed on 
> the whole panel...it should only be used around the back edges where you 
> fasten the fabric.
> Regards
> Dennis Brooks

More information about the rovernet mailing list