[ROVERNET - UK] BW 35 shifts like a tr8uck

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Sat Sep 22 00:39:10 BST 2007

Forget the dipstick method for determining the fluid level - it is
guesswork.
When you take off up a hill when it is cold, does the box have trouble
staying in first?  I mean under 10mph.
If so add fluid.
A widely experienced friend (does non Rovers, uggh) reckons too full leads
to vicious reverse gear selection.
Otherwise check the bands.  Too tight maybe.

PVS