[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Restorations

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 03:04:56 BST 2008

Reverend Weasel wrote:
> Glen, that Blue Train Rover was actually a Bentley, you know.

Whoops! I was just going by the advertisement from 1930 reproduced on
page 22 in the Daniel Young book on Rover Advertising. It's a Castrol
ad. Did the Bentley do it first or something?

I guess the car I would like to buy would be a 1935 Rover Speed 14
Streamline Coupe, and I bet I'd still get lots of change back from my
$100k. That was the sort of car that was pictured in my brain. Did the
Bentley look like one of these? I can picture another old ad about the
Blue Train, but maybe that was a Bentley ad.

Glen