[ROVERNET - UK] Adjusting Timing of 2000TC

Adrian McDonald adrianmcdon at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 06:34:19 BST 2008

Hello

I am wondering if it is worth adjusting the timing on my 2000TC. I remember from my UK days it being 6deg BTDC, but in the US / Canada the cars were set at 4deg ATDC, like my recently acquired TC. I think this is for emissions reasons to run on leaner mixtures. I am thinking that this US timing setting may make it harder to tune the carbs for smooth idling - am I right or wrong?

Thanks
Adrian
1969 2000TC
1970 3500S