[ROVERNET - UK] People who buy Rovers

Hank and Sally Manwell hdmanwell at alumni.bates.edu
Sun Apr 6 19:18:53 BST 2008

My father began driving Rovers in 1954 and that's all he drove for the last
35 years of his life.  He was a university zoology professor.  And there was
always a second one for my mother to drive one and a third one for his son
to be servicing while waiting for one of the others to need attention. And
just for fun, we imported our P2 Tourer from England in the early 70s.

My family needed a more competent hauler, so have been driving Volvo brick
wagons for the last 30 years.  But for fun and economy I drive the Series II
P6 in the summer when space isn't needed and, considering the size of car,
the trunk is large enough - much better than the P4s.

Volvo doesn't make "bricks" anymore.  So what's next?

Hank