[ROVERNET - UK] RE: 2000TC Ignition Timing

slatskars at comcast.net slatskars at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 06:52:24 BST 2008

Adrian,

The old way of carb mixture and balancing (before Unisyn's) was to raise the carb piston slightly using the pin or a small screwdriver. what you wanted was a slight increase in RPM followed by a drop in RPM. If it immediately dropped, the mixture was too lean. If it increased and kept increasing as the piston is raised, too rich. After setting the mixtures, put one end of a small diameter hose in your ear with the other ablut 1/2' into the throat of one carb and listen to the air flow. Compare it to the other and adjust them until the air flow sounds equal. Reconnect the linkage and you are good to go. It really works and did for many years. If you read the manual it will tell you to tune the mixture for the best speed (In American English, that is the highest RPM). that is a good place to start, but you ddo want that slight increase followed by the drop off.

Slats
From: Adrian McDonald <adrianmcdon at hotmail.com>