[ROVERNET - UK] RE: 2000TC Ignition Timing

slatskars at comcast.net slatskars at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 19:02:54 BST 2008

You may be right, but in my limited experience (since 1958) I have had great success with a piece of hose when a Unisyn is not available. This was the tried and true method, before any of the later innovations. I never did like those kits with the wires sticking out of the top of the carb. I highly recommend the Unisyn, as you are measuring air flow not a physical height element, when I hold my tech sessions for our Club T-MG group, but also demonstrate the hose method. Surprisingly accurate!

Slats
From: "Netspace" <vmitps at netspace.net.au>