[ROVERNET - UK] P4 overdrive onto P2 cars

Alan Gale agale at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 9 13:06:30 GMT 2008

Hmmm
Mike - thanks for the response.  I am thinking simply installing a longer
legged crown wheel and pinion (say 4:1) might be the simpler way to go.
No engineering alterations ... straightforward job, especially as I have a
spare diff which can be taken away, modified and then fitted ... leaving the
original there should someone in the future not want the long legged
version.
Estimates here in Australia for making up the longer cw/p are about $A2k, so
I reckon it would work out more cost effective than all the engineering and
bracket making the overdrive would involve.
Alan