[ROVERNET - UK] quiet, but still some rover activity in winter

peter king peter at king-co.com
Wed Feb 20 04:44:26 GMT 2008

Well, 'tis quiet with Rovers for the most part in New England during
the Winter, but I just got my 3500s tranny swapped, and on one happy
60 degree day this weekend took it for a drive. Smooth shifting and
more importantly--REVERSE!
But I need to fiddle with the kick-down cable, doesn't shift down
when punched while underway. Ok on startup, so it's shifting down
automatically ok, goes through the gears nicely. Some transmission
fluid leaking under the car yesterday, I'm afraid the guy I had help
me with the replacement overfilled the tranny. I really don't like
leaving anything to anyone else on these cars. Had to untangle the
accelerator linkage from the kick-down cable because it was replaced
incorrectly.

No fluid there today after driving around the block a few times and
parking. Hopefully no blown seals. Come to us soon, Spring!

That's it for a while, back to cold temps here and looks like snow
again soon.

pk