[ROVERNET - UK] RE: Irregular Final Drive Still???

Adrian McDonald adrianmcdon at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:59:07 GMT 2008

I will keep my Tardis vehicle secret, for fear of wheeled plunger pointing aliens turning up and attempting to exterminate me with their plunger devices.......(UK TV reference).......

On the original topic, I did not mention that I "calibrated" the tachometer with a digital multimeter so I know I am actually doing 3000rpm (which equates to 40 something mph on the speedoinstead of 58.5mph that it should be).  How do I calibrate the speedo?  Well, it "feels" just right, plus I am doing 45mph on a 45mph street and keeping up with traffic nicely. If the speedo was wrong and the rpm right, I would be close to 60mph and definitely burning the other traffic up!

So I am pretty sure I have a messed up drive system. In 4th gear at a 1:1 ratio, is it true that the only thing that can be causing my slowness is an irregular final drive???

Still confused of Redondo beach...

In fact I was so confused I bought a 3500S too. The one on ebay last week....now I have the collection.....

Adrian