[ROVERNET - UK] RE: Irregular Final Drive Still???

Larry lewill at ctcweb.net
Wed Feb 20 14:46:49 GMT 2008

Eric and others, I did this conversion two years ago. That is changing out
the 2000TC final drive and install the 3500 final drive. I remember talking
to Ian Potts and he did the same conversion. My impressions are these.
Before the conversion my TC was a fairly snappy driver and after the
conversion somewhat less so. I agree on the numbers with Eric on the
standard final drive. Now with the 3500 final drive the tach reads 2600 rpm.
I have never recalculated the speedo as I use the tach to tell me how fast I
am going. I think that the tach does not need to be recalculated, I did so
however by attaching an external tach and on the back of the tach is a
plastic slotted screw which I turned until both tachs read the same. So what
you get in the end is a less snappy car but you can cruise at 60 or 70 at
less rpm's. Better gas mileage? I am a carpenter and hopefully Ian or Pete
McArdle will chime in here. Regards, still buried in snow, Larry