[ROVERNET - UK] Re: $A7k sought for Cyclops on eBay

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Tue Feb 26 01:26:44 GMT 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:04:42 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Oooh, that's a nice car.  What's the story on the "hot rod must be pre-1948" comment?  Is that some kind of official decree by the Aussie government, is it that person's opinion, or none of the above?  I've never heard an age limit attached to the term "hot rod" before.

It is a Federal Government Vehicle Standard Rule covering registration
of "Street Rods"

“A Street Rod shall mean a vehicle that has a body and frame that were
built before 1949, that has been modified for safe road use, or a
replica of a vehicle the body and frame of which were built before
1949.”

Anything later comes under a different regulation covering what is
called Individually Constructed Vehicles.

Cheers,

Peter H