[ROVERNET - UK] Strange noise??

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 21:00:08 BST 2008

I'd love to be there to help. However,.......... :-(

If your ignition switch has a spring inside which returns the electrical contactor from the start position (turns over the engine) to the run position could it be there?  Perhaps the switch has some electrical grease that kept the mechanism moving well from start to run.  The grease has degraded and is now gummy.  The electrical contact now doesn't quickly move from start to run but drags between the two contacts causing an electical arcing and buzzing sound.

Can you get your fingers on the ignition switch body to feel if it is warm?

Eric.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca