[ROVERNET - UK] Horror on e-bay

Peter Reynolds preynolds at igc.org
Wed Mar 12 19:43:15 GMT 2008

Sorry for the un-Rover comments here, but...

I learnt to drive on an Austin 1300, then later drove a 1300 Allegro
when I lived in NZ.
The 4-speed gear change, dashboard, and driving position were much
better on the Allegro than the 1300, but given the choice, I'd have
the Austin 1300!
And the Austin 1800 "landcrab" had the most cavernous interior of any
car I'd been in at that time (mid-1970's).

Now back to normal Rover programming...

The 3500s I spotted in Sausalito California, is no longer there.  If
it was towed by the city, and that car will be one hell of a bargain
when it comes up for auction.
(I know this is a horrible thing to do, but I would buy the car just
for the seats!  Don't let me do that!)

Peter