[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Trademark: Who owns it now?

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 17:17:37 GMT 2008

Here's an interesting question to ponder. When the bits and pieces of
Rover went to China, Ford refused to allow them to use the "Rover" name,
saying that it would denigrate the market status of the Land Rover
brand. Does Tata now own the Rover trademark, and will they now sell it
to the people in Shanghai to slap on their cars as a way to help offset
(to a tiny extent) the expense of the Jaguar-LR purchase? If Ford still
owns the Rover nameplate, will they sell it to the Chinese now that they
no longer have an interest in Land Rover?

If they start making cars again with Rover nameplates on them, I hope we
won't have to listen to any die hard enthusiasts counting down the days
until they can buy a new "Rover" automobile. The Rover Company is well
and truly dead. Let's celebrate the surviving cars and let Rover rest in
peace.

Glen