R: [ROVERNET - UK] 3500s for sale on ebay in NY - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.it%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D190209698610%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&i

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 17:06:25 GMT 2008

Ruotolo Gianluca (MERCATO STAFF) wrote:
> Splendid car.

Yes and no, Gianluca. What rust it has tends to make me worry about rot
underneath. It may be mostly fender swapping, but fenders are harder to
come by over here, and it wouldn't look so splendid with four fenders in
different colors. Also, 3500S fenders and 2000TC fenders are not exactly
the same in terms of the trim holes.  It looks like some of the rust has
been spray-painted over. The problem with so many of these cars is that
after 40 years they simply need a good repaint, and the cost of a decent
repaint has skyrocketed in recent years. You'll probably double the
final cost of this car by repainting it.

But it's a nice, fairly honest car. I just wouldn't call it splendid.

Glen