[ROVERNET - UK] Rubber boot needed

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 06:45:05 BST 2008

Isn't it the case that there is a large cylinder of
steel permantly fixed to the end of the cable over
which the small rubber boot would have to be pulled?
The boot was probably installed before the end was
fitted.  That would make refitting a "stand-alone"
boot very difficult.

You probably only have a choice of forgetting about it
and lather some anti-seize compound on that area or
developing a work-around as has been suggested.

Eric

--- Brooks <restore at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> If I recall correctly that part is quite unique and
> unfortunatly they tend
> to rot as you can tell....I think I bought a new one
> from Scott's ...however
> in the interest of time and sourcing ...perhaps you
> could try to fashion one
> out of leather or marine vinyal...untill you locate
> a suitable replacement.
>

>  Regards
>
>  Dennis Brooks

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca