[ROVERNET - UK] TC door lock problem

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 07:07:26 BST 2008

That rocker section can be removed once you have the
handles and door card off.  You can reach in and
disconnect the remote door lock arm.  You can remove
the three screws on the edge of the door, and then
work the mechanism out after you unhook the arm that
connects to the cam which is operated by the door
lock.

Once the mechanism is out, you can examine it for
breakage of the spring.

I haven't tried to get a new one but Pierre or one of
the other suppliers might have one.  Ruth and the Club
have some used ones and perhaps one of the U.S. chaps
may chime in with an offer.

Eric

--- Gordon Harrower <griffo at comcast.net> wrote:

> In our one real cold snap down here, the lock on my
> TC's driver-side
> front door broke when I tried to get the door open.
> The symptom is that
> the "rocker" that engages the striker plate on the
> pillar doesn't return
> to position when I release the button as it does on
> the other doors, as
> if a spring broke.  I can't imagine that it's that
> complicated, but even
> with the door trim removed I'm having a hard time
> seeing what's going on
> because of the structure of the door, the workings
> of the window all
> jammed in there.  If anyone has experienced this or
> otherwise has
> advice, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks, Gordon.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca