[ROVERNET - UK] TC door lock problem

Gordon Harrower griffo at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 03:18:50 BST 2008

In our one real cold snap down here, the lock on my TC's driver-side
front door broke when I tried to get the door open.  The symptom is that
the "rocker" that engages the striker plate on the pillar doesn't return
to position when I release the button as it does on the other doors, as
if a spring broke.  I can't imagine that it's that complicated, but even
with the door trim removed I'm having a hard time seeing what's going on
because of the structure of the door, the workings of the window all
jammed in there.  If anyone has experienced this or otherwise has
advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Gordon.