[ROVERNET - UK] Front end alignment

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Mon May 26 08:19:33 BST 2008

What are you trying to adjust?
Toe-in is set by turning the track-rod on the firewall, above the antiroll
bar.
Note the lefthand end has a lefthand thread, for the locknut.  Rotating the
bar Forward increases toe-out.
Theoretically camber and castor are not adjustable, but if you put rose
joints in the lower rear arms you can; camber is also settable by shims
under the top arm mounting bolts that go through the firewall.  Not Rover
spec, but it works nicely.
I had a normal shop set the TC up with +1 castor and -1 camber.  It handles
well but the steering is too heavy due to the increased trail.
I would go for +.5 castor next time.

PVS