[ROVERNET - UK] Front end alignment

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 02:24:09 BST 2008

Steve,
When I did major work on the front suspension, I knew
that I could achieve toe-in or toe-out.  The manual
has good reference.  I took the manual along with the
car when I went to a shop.  They had a laser device.
I took the time to loosen the locknut at each end of
the tracking rod (under the steering box and under the
steering relay).  I made sure that the threaded end of
the rod and the adjoining metal for the ball ends were
as clean as possible.  The mechanic probably used a
pair of Mole grips/Vice grips to rotate the rod while
watching the laser measurement.  When the toe-in was
within specs, he locked each joint and was done.

Eric