[ROVERNET - UK] SD 1

JOHN HALL J.HALL11 at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jul 28 19:13:32 BST 2004

I agree the P6B is the best. I had an SD1 1980 that had electrical problems.
After much testing I found that the two B/W ground wires from the computer
to the engine block were not making good contact. The wires were going to a
bolt holding the accelerator cable pully to the block. The lock washers had
rusted and caused intermittant contact. I put new spade lugs on the wires
and attatched them to the block in a tapped hole that was about 2" above the
rusted ones. Have had no problems since. My granddaughter has the car now.
It is still used as a daily driver. I have 2 71 PB6B's. and a Citroen
CX25GTi. Its a great car, but I wouldn't use it on a long trip. The Rover is
less fatiguing on a long trip and surely more reliable.
John