[ROVERNET - UK] Drive shaft vibration

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:24:43 BST 2004

Greetings all. Another item you may want to check for vibration is to look
for dints in the driveshaft, of course check the ujoints as well. The
ujoints can cause a problem if they are seizing or have flat bearings. This
may not show up unless you unbolt one end of the shaft. Regarding the dint-I
had a van once that had a very small dint in the drive shaft. There was a
terrible vibration at 70km/h (40mph). The P6 of course has 3 shafts with
ujoints. But then Rovers are always 3x the fun.
All the best, Ron.>From: "Slatskars" <slatskars at comcast.net>