[ROVERNET - UK] SPAM on Rovernet?

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 16:49:29 BST 2006

Glen,
>From time to time I get SPAM on the address which I
use for the Rovernet.  It doesn't come *from* the
Rovernet as on my email window, here at Yahoo, the
subject line starts with "Re:[ROVERNET-UK]etc, etc,
etc"

I usually mark it as SPAM right away.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy if you get SPAM you
think comes from the Rovernet so I can examine the
headers to check on the routing.

I don't think the SPAM passed through our server.

Eric

--- Glen Wilson <glenwilson at cavtel.net> wrote:

> Has anyone else on Rovernet received SPAM from a
> company advertising
> "penny" stock offerings, or am I getting it from
> somewhere else. It is
> addressed to someone other than me but to my email
> address. It looks
> like one originated in Germany concerning a Canadian
> waste removal firm,
> and I think the other came from a firm in Denmark
> that deals in
> software.
>
> I normally receive no spam at all and wondered if it
> was just me or the
> whole list.
>
> Thanks
>
> Glen