[ROVERNET - UK] Wheels - Lots of info...

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Fri Aug 4 18:07:51 BST 2006

On further reflection, I find the idea of patent avoidance
very interesting.  Since the MG wheels had only four
spokes, RO may not have had the potential problem with
patents held by Motor Wheel.  I conceed that at some point
the patent issue could have been resolved clearing the way
for RO to use the cheaper and more reliable welded
construction.  My next bit will be to take a closer look
at the 15" RO-styles fitted to the P5B and see how they
are put together.  We know precisely when these were
introduced at the beginning of P5B production in the fall
of '67 and continuing through the end of P5B production.

Roverly,
Kent K.