[ROVERNET - UK] Front Struts

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Dec 26 22:52:17 GMT 2006

Hi Nick,

Ruth seems to be taking a long Christmas break.  No answer
at the shop.  I sent her an email and will try to call
again later in the week.  Does anyone out there in
Roverdom know where she is or when she'll be back?

It is probable that someone changed the rear shocks and
springs before you got your SD1.  Nivomats are self
energized, self levelers and came standard on our NAS
SD1's(and most others).  You know they have gone bad when
the rear suspension becomes rock hard and the bumper is
about five inches higher than usual.  Most have gone the
way of the Dodo bird and have been replaced by standard
springs and shocks from a 2300 or by special spring/shock
kits from aftermarket suppliers.  I think I have at least
one car that has a pair.  Nice when they work, a pain when
they don't.  They rank up there with the Lucas electronic
distributor and the LT77 transmission as a problem area.

Kent K.