[ROVERNET - UK] Engine bay insulation and heater box gaskets

John Burkhard burkhaj at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 04:38:48 BST 2006

Did you ever get any feed back on the heater project?  I have two spare
heater units for our 2000 TC, different than your 3500s.  One day I plan to
rebuild one of them as the unit in the car spits out a lot of foam.  The
key for this project is the seals on the air control doors and the
insulation marital between the heater unit and the car shell.  I am sure
that there is some high tech stuff at $600.00 a running foot that will
work.  Oh! The width of this stuff is about 6".  I have looked around on
line and have yet to find anything.   Under hood (bonnet) pad material
might work but I am not sure that I want to go to all that work and then
find out.  Take Care.  jb