[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 issues

Nick and Laurie Hand flynp170 at cablelynx.com
Mon May 29 02:06:40 BST 2006

Well my SD1 finally arrived in Oklahoma from Oregon. I bought it with a bad
5speed transmission and they were right, but it still has 4th gear. I had to
pull gas tank to fix some leaking rivets, that was pretty  straight forward.
I could use some advice though on the alarm system. Was that factory? It
keeps setting, don't know how, and I can not find out how to turn it off.
Also I can not start it on the key. Turn the key on and dash panel lights
up, but nothing in start mode. If you put 12 volts to solenoid, she fires
right up. But turn key off and car continues to run???? My workshop manual
won't be here until next week. Anybody have any ideas?

I was making a trip across country about two weeks ago and dropped in on
Kent Kinard. He is a great guy and showed me lots of Rover stuff. Plus he
was wearing a shirt with a Rover badge on, with the word Rover written above
it. I knew I was at the right church!  Nick