[ROVERNET - UK] Springs and things

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon May 29 12:26:12 BST 2006

If the backing plates (not sure if this is the proper name) are in good
condition  a set of spring removal tools (shown in manual) are the clear way
to go...simply place sand bags carefully on front fender and insert the
tools...remove the weight and the springs will fall out...some may think
these tools are not good to use but I have used them several times as the
book directs and never had a problem...as long as the plates are not
damaged...if they are use plan "B" and replace them with good ones when you
reassemble.  Good luck and have fun :)

Regards
Dennis