[ROVERNET - UK] P2 Engine

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Thu May 24 16:10:10 BST 2007

Hi Folks
            Just received a phone call from a friend in Nova Scotia, I have
known about a 1947 Rover P2 in the Moncton area for quite a few years, the
owner wanted $10.000 car had been off the road for years. Well it just sold
and the new owner is disabled and needs an automatic in order to drive it.
The original engine is removed and replaced with some GM unit. The engine
runs and is complete with all parts carbs gen etc its for sale if any one is
interested. I have no idea what its worth or just what condition its in, my
guess is low mileage and probably in good condition the car was always
stored inside, probably for the last twenty years maybe longer. I would
think its a very rare engine and different from the later P3 unit. It would
be ashame to see it wasted or lost.
If anyone is interested let me know and I'll follow up. I'd be interested in
knowing the value of this engine. might buy it just to save it.
                                                     regards Ben
(irishrover)
FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS.CD
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon
Visit my web page  http://home.netscape.ca/~rodgl/